A bathtub is one of the most noticeable parts of a bathroom, so adding or replacing it can have a significant effect on the overall aesthetic. Given its prominence, the bathtub may set the tone for the whole bathroom’s style and decor.
You may use the information in this guide to pick out the ideal tub for your bath before approaching bathtub dealers in Bangalore.
How to Pick the Right Tub
Finding the ideal spot for the tub in your bathroom and taking a note of the measurements is the first order of business. It will be far simpler to navigate your way through your search for a bathtub showroom when you know what to look for!
Types of Bathtubs
It’s all up to you whether you want a standard tub or something more unique. This section will introduce you to a few of the most common bathtub designs.
In many bathrooms, a freestanding tub is the best option because of its versatility and the fact that it doesn’t have to be fixed in one place. These freestanding bathing fixtures don’t need any plumbing and may be put almost anywhere.
- Clawfoot Tub: Freestanding and recognizable by its “claws,” or legs, a clawfoot tub is a kind of bathtub that has a Victorian design and would look great in a bathroom with classic decor. If this sounds like your cup of tea, don’t hesitate to make a quick search for a bathtub showroom near me!
- Alcove Tubs: Alcove tubs have just one completed side and require three connecting walls to be installed in a standard bathroom alcove. In houses or flats with limited bathroom space, an alcove tub is sometimes the only option. Having a combined tub and shower is a frequent feature of alcove tubs, which allows for considerable space savings.
- Drop-In/Undermount: To create a drop-in tub, a standard bathtub is lowered into a prefabricated opening and encased in it, exposing the tub’s edges. The rim of an under-mount tub is concealed by its installation below the deck or wall around it.
Tub Weight and Composition
The bathtub’s material makes a difference while trying to get the best one for your needs. When deciding on a tub, it’s common to prioritize convenience and longevity. It’s important to have a feel for the many materials available so you can choose the one that will provide you with the most pleasant experience.
The tub’s total mass may also be affected by the tub’s materials. Particularly if the bathroom is located above ground, you should find out how much weight your flooring can support when making a final choice.
Some common options for bathtub construction are.
- Fibreglass: Fibreglass is strong, but lightweight, and may be readily mended.
- Acrylic is lightweight, durable, and versatile, with a wide range of color options and resistance to chipping and strong impacts.
- Porcelain: Porcelain has a high-end appearance and feel, and its glossy sheen will last for years.
- Cast Iron: A sturdy and long-lasting material, enameled cast iron is indeed great at keeping the heat in.
There is a wide range of sizes and forms available for bathtubs. Here are a few different tub silhouettes to think about when you visit bathtub dealers in Bangalore.
- Rectangular: The modern aesthetic favors the sleek lines of a rectangular tub. These tubs may be arranged in a variety of ways due to their form, and their sharper lines as well as ridges can help them stand out from the crowd.
- Chess Tub Oval: Oval-shaped bathtubs are preferred by many people because of their relaxing rounded edges and sophisticated design.
- Angled: Freestanding tubs with an angled end are both functional and aesthetically pleasing, combining modern ergonomics with classic design.
- Corner Tubs: With their corner installation, these tubs make the best use of limited floor space, sometimes even allowing for an additional bathing area, and they often have an eye-catching style of their own.
Features of the Bathtub
A wide variety of upgrades are available from various bathtub manufacturers. For instance:
- A basic bath may be transformed into a luxurious spa experience by adding various jets and bubbles, such as in-line warmers, foot massage jets, and bubble jets.
- Underwater lights that adapt to your disposition may be used for calming therapy.
- To transmit musical vibrations across the water, there are built-in, watertight speakers.
- The tub’s surface and basin are heated in combination with the water for therapeutic benefits to the lower body.
To Sum Up
Bathtubs are certainly a win-win element in your bathroom. If you are looking for luxurious options of the highest craftsmanship, Katta Ceramics has your back. Visit our website or get in touch with our bathtub dealers in Bangalore to learn more about our collection.